- YouTube Videos: As you may have been aware, this summer there was a national problem with YouTube videos that were added to Blackboard using the Mashup tool. Blackboard recently released a fix which we tested and then implemented in our system. YouTube videos that have been added to courses through the Mashup tool should now work!
- Known Issues: These are updated and posted on this page: http://elearningandinnovation.com/faculty-resources/known-issues/ You can access it by going to Faculty Resources > Known Issues.
- eLearning Technologies Resources:
- On the public Tri-C website we now have updated resources for faculty in a by-technology format. Find that here: http://www.tri-c.edu/online-learning/elearning-technologies/elearning-technologies-faculty/index.html. It includes help documentation and how-tos on: Blackboard, Softchalk, Adobe Connect, Respondus, Camtasia Relay, publisher information, and Sharestream (still in a relatively Beta rollout.)
- You will now find links to these faculty tools after logging into Blackboard now that the Blackboard Tab is no longer on My Tri-C Space. These links are located in the left-hand channel:
- Course Site Request (courses are not created automatically, you need to request their creation)
- Cartridge Load Request Form
- Blackboard Incompletes Tool
- Manage Blackboard Support Users
- Bb Server Status Log
- Respondus & Studymate Author Download
- We encourage you to watch the brief video about Global Navigation located just above those resources as it greatly improves how you can manage your courses including filtering discussion board posts from multiple courses and notifications when students submit assignment
- Questions Re: TFOL Faculty Training: If you have questions for TFOL (Teaching for Online Learning aka Blackboard) training for Fall 2015, please contact Dr. Charles Dull at: Charles.Dull@tri-c.edu.
- ITS, TechNow, and Blackboard Help: ITS is now running Blackboard help, branded TechNow in combination with other college technology support. You can still contact help for Blackboard at the same number: (216) 987-4257.
- In related news, you may have noticed that the company Blackboard may be exploring a sale. Blackboard has been sold before, most recently in 2011. An acquisition would impact them at a corporate and structural level and should not change your day-to-day experience. All of your files and content will be maintained in the same way.
As always, please “Follow” us by entering your email into the field on the left-hand sidebar of the eLi blog at www.elearningandinnovation.com. You’ll receive automatic emails when news and upgrade notices are posted.
Questions? Contact Sasha Thackaberry at: Sasha.Thackaberry@Tri-C.edu