Guaranteed course sections (CRNs) are guaranteed to run with no minimum enrollment (subject to section/CRN capacity)
What are “Guaranteed” Course Sections/CRNs?
Guaranteed course sections (CRNs) are guaranteed to run with no minimum enrollment (subject to section/CRN capacity).
- Course sections (CRNs) designated with a “guarantee” are subject to room assignment and faculty changes.
- Course sections (CRNs) designated with a “guarantee” are for the specific day, time, campus and modality listed with the associated CRN only.
- Students who wish to enroll in “guaranteed” course sections (CRNs) that are full can enroll on the waitlist; however, waitlist status does not guarantee enrollment in the designated guaranteed section or that a new section will be added.
Why should you register for “Guaranteed” courses?
- “Guaranteed” course sections (CRNs) will not cancel – this is Tri-C’s promise to you!
- You are encouraged to register early and to choose “Guaranteed” course sections (CRNs) when appropriate. Doing so helps you complete your degree/certificate more quickly.
- You are encouraged to plan ahead and look at Spring and Summer 2017 schedules displayed on the online course schedule. Use your academic plan to guide decisions. If you do not have an academic plan, make an appointment with a counselor on the campus of your choice.
As you build your Fall 2016 course schedule, please keep the following in mind:
- While registering early is important, so is planning for tuition payments. Remember, the Fall 2016 semester payment deadline is July 1, 2016. Courses that are registered for and not paid for by the deadline will result in your being dropped from your courses and no guarantee to re-enroll in those sections.
For more information, contact your department dean or contact Mike Boyko.