When adding text to your PowerPoint slides, utilize the same standards for Text for Instructional Materials as listed in the Online Accessibility Compliance Checklist (PDF):
- Use high contrast text, such as black text on a white background
- Use at least 12 point, sans serif fonts
- Use Bold or Italics for emphasis, instead of underlining (screen readers interpret underlining as links)
- Avoid red or green text or text decoration
- Avoid blinking text and images such as gifs. Use the slide feature for moving text with no more than two repetitions.
Read more about PowerPoint and Accessibility at WebAIM: PowerPoint Accessibility
When adding pictures and graphics to your PowerPoint slides, be sure to add “Alt text”.