The Adjunct Faculty Professional Development program provides an opportunity for adjunct faculty to enhance their success in the classroom and promote engagement in the Tri-C Community. These stipend-eligible categories are designed to focus on interdisciplinary, pedagogy, and technology competencies and explore new teaching strategies, pedagogies, emerging technologies, and more.
The Stipend Program provides a financial incentive of $500 to adjuncts who complete five stipend-eligible units (SEUs) in at least two categories of the seven listed below (i.e., all SEUs submitted should not be from the same category) within a single academic school year. Adjunct faculty who accumulate more than 5 SEUs in a single year may carry over a maximum of 1 SEU to the next academic school year.
Leadership, Enrichment and Development (LEAD)
– Colloquium: Attend (2 SEUs)
– Colloquium: Attend and Present (3 SEUs)
– Workshops (1 SEU)
– Faculty Conversations (2 SEUs)
Centers for Learning Excellence (CLE)
– Workshops (1 SEU)
– Consultations (1 SEU)
Adjunct Services (ADJ)
– Orientation (1 SEU)
– Campus Day (1 SEU)
– Adjunct Faculty Conference: Attend (2 SEUs)
– Adjunct Faculty Conference: Attend and Present (3 SEUs)
– Workshops: Attend (1 SEU)
– Workshops: Present (2 SEUs)
Office of Learning & Academic Technology (OLAT)
– BlackBoard Boot Camp
Other workshops that have been pre-approved for stipend eligibility by the Office of Leadership, Enrichment and Development (LEAD). If you are interested in applying for a workshop to be stipend eligible, please click the link below to complete the new electronic form. Note: enter your S# and desktop password to access the form.
Workshop Eligibility Form:
HOW TO APPLY FOR STIPEND PAYMENT:
Upon completion of five (5) SEUs, it is the responsibility of the adjunct faculty member to complete the new electronic form to receive payment. Note: enter your S# and desktop password to access the form.
Adjunct Stipend Request Form:
- Complete all fields and the survey
- Upload a copy of your TEC transcript.
- The Adjunct Service Office at your campus will review your transcript, notify you of approval, and submit your request for payment.
TO UPLOAD TEC TRANSCIPT:
- Go to My Tri-C Space > Employee Tab > Talent Engagement Center (TEC)
- Click on Learning Tab > View your Transcript
- Click on the down arrow next to “Active” and select “Completed”
- Click Options > Export to PDF > Open > Save
- Upload your transcript in Word or PDF at the end of this electronic form
- Only the workshops/activities registered through TEC will be on your transcript.
- Not all workshops attended and listed on your TEC transcript may be stipend eligible – prior approval is needed for some workshops by the facilitator
- ‘Aggregate Training Completed’ does not necessarily indicate or equate to SEUs completed.
- Each faculty member must keep track of their stipend eligible training completed
- The last date to submit the stipend request form is the last date of spring semester.
- Full-time Administrative Staff: Please be aware that workshops must be taken outside your normal work hours. Taking vacation and personal time to cover the workshops does not make them eligible for the stipend.
Please contact the Adjunct Services Office at your respective home campus if you have questions.