2018 Faculty Colloquium
14th Annual Faculty Colloquium: Focusing our Professional Lens
Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at Corporate College West
Faculty Colloquium provides faculty the opportunity to share their past and current scholarly pursuits, achievements and best practices. This is also a time to bridge the relationship between disciplines and foster a supportive environment for students, faculty and staff. Click the link to watch the 2018 Faculty Colloquium Trailer
While this is a mandatory day for full-time faculty, all adjunct faculty, lecturers, deans and program managers are also encouraged to attend or present.
Schedule of Events:
- 8:00 – 8: 30 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:30 – 8:45 a.m. Opening remarks with Dr. Johnson, Dr. Miller and Dr. Pope
- 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Session A
- 10:15 – 11:15 a.m. Session B
- 11:30 – 12:30 p.m. Session C
- 12:45 – 1:45 p.m. Lunch with counterparts
- 1:45 – 3:30 p.m. Counterparts meetings, Adjunct HLC update, Deans Council
New this year! Click here for step by step instructions to download the Colloquium app on your mobile device.
Pre-registration in TEC is not required. Sessions are available of a first come, first serve basis based on room capacity. If the session is full, you are welcome to attend another session of your choice. Adjunct faculty are to check in at the marked table in the lobby during breakfast and lunch to be eligible to receive 2 SEUs towards the Adjunct Stipend Program.
Directions and Parking:
Corporate College West (CCW)
25425 Center Ridge Road
Westlake, Ohio 44145
Located at the intersection of Columbia and Center Ridge Road. Click here for directions to Corporate College West
Parking will be available to all attendees. Follow the special event parking signs.
Important Note: This is the CCW Campus and NOT the Westshore Campus located on Clemens Road.
Catered lunch by Heinen’s will be provided to all participants and presenters at no cost.
- Breakfast: fresh fruit tray, donuts, breakfast breads and pastries, assorted mini muffins, and bagels. Gluten free pastries available.
- Lunch: Soup, salad and sandwich bar
- Soups – fire roasted vegetable, crab and corn chowder, white chicken chili
- Salad – mixed greens with carrots, tomatoes and cucumber with choice of candied walnuts, feta cheese, bacon, garbanzo beans and olives
- Sandwiches – steak and goat cheese on herb focaccia, turkey club on mini croissant, chicken parmesan on ciabatta, or roasted veggies on focaccia
- Dessert – assorted mini cookies, peanut butter and blonde brownies, chocolate and vanilla cupcakes
Ky Heinlen, Associate Professor, Counseling and Colloquium Co-Chair x3901 or Kathleen.Heinlen@tri-c.edu
Lindsay English, Associate Vice President, Academic Professional Development & Assessment, Colloquium Co-Chair at x3610 or Lindsay.English@tri-c.edu
Kara DePaul, Specialist, Academic Professional Development at x3614 or Kara.DePaul@tri-c.edu