Excellence in Teaching Award in Honor of Ralph M. Besse
Call for Nominations: Open April 11 – 29, 2019
Congratulations to the outstanding full-time and adjunct faculty who were nominated by at least one of their students for the Excellence in Teaching Award in Honor of Ralph M. Besse! Click here to view the full list of AY19-20 nominees.
To receive further consideration for the award, each faculty member that received a student nomination must also receive an additional nomination from at least one faculty or staff member. If the faculty member receives both a student and a faculty/staff nomination, they will be asked to provide evidence of teaching excellence that will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of his or her teaching colleagues who determine the final award winners.
Please offer your support by completing an online recommendation form by noon on April 29, 2019. You will be asked to comment on how the nominee demonstrates commitment to academic quality, stimulation of intellectual development, and investment in students within and beyond the classroom. You may select up to three nominees to recommend.
Click the link to nominate: https://portal2.tri-c.edu/ExcellenceInTeachingFacultyNomination/
Note: Use your S# and password to access the form.
Recommendations are due by noon on April 29, 2019.
The Excellence in Teaching Award in Honor of Ralph M. Besse is presented annually for up to 4 full-time faculty members and up to 4 adjunct faculty or lecturers selected for exceptional professional competence and commitment to helping students succeed. Specifically, these award winners demonstrate a commitment to academic quality, stimulation of intellectual development, and investment with students within and beyond the classroom. Students are the initial driver of the list of nominees. The award is given in honor of Ralph M. Besse, Cleveland community leader and champion of higher education, who was instrumental in founding Tri-C.
- A maximum of eight awards will be announced (four full-time faculty and four adjuncts).
- Awards are College-wide and not based on campus location or discipline.
- Lecturers are eligible to receive the Adjunct Award.
- Students are the initial driver of the list of nominees.
- Nominees must have at least one recommendation submitted by College-wide faculty/staff in order to remain eligible for selection committee review.
- Winners announced at Fall 2019 Convocation.
The 2018-2019 Excellence in Teaching Award Winners:
- Dr. Aaron Altose, Assistant Professor, Mathematics, Eastern
- Amanda Hanley, Assistant Professor, Mathematics, Westshore
- Lorrie DiGiampietro, Assistant Professor, English, Western
- Dr. Iryna Tsarukyanova, Assistant Professor, Biology, Western
- Vida Radovic, Adjunct, Mathematics, Western
- Melissa Resnick, Adjunct, Psychology, Metropolitan And Eastern
- Dr. Erica Stevenson, Lecturer, Biology, Westshore
- Dr. Joe Wagner, Business Administration/Information Technology, Western
The Besse Award Winners at Fall 2018 Convocation:
Standing from left to right: Dr. Joe Wagner, Dr. Iryna Tsarukyanova, Dr. Karen Miller, Amanda Hanley, Dr. Aaron Altose
Seated from left to right: Vida Radovic, Dr. Erica Stevenson, Melissa Resnick, Lorrie DiGiampietro